Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Realization


Once upon a time I had a really tough month. Maybe more than a month. Maybe a tough 2010, and several months prior to that as well. Life has been somewhat difficult. I really don't have much room to complain. I am pretty much healthy, I have a job, I have a home, I have food to eat, I have a family, I have friends, and most importantly, I have a relationship with the Lord. As I look back and think about what has been so dreadful, I realize that many of my "issues" boil down to what is self adoration. Yes, different struggles have occurred based on certain life situations I have recently experienced, but the emotional attachment I have with these all revolve around me. ME ME ME ME ME. Yuck. "What am I going to do in the future?" "Why are all MY friends moving away?" "How come no one is paying attention to ME?" "Listen to MY jokes!" "I can't eat this type of food, I'M hungry." "I don't care about meeting new people, I have plenty of friends." "I don't want to go to work." "Let ME talk about MY struggles, and if we have time, we'll talk about you." "I don't want to do this, or that, or anything." "I'M tired of dealing with ___________, I'M ready to just give up!"
Dang girl...
It sounds like I have a pronoun problem.
The realization of this self absorption is a helpful step in making a change. Instead of focusing everything on me, I realize that my direction needs to be on God. My focus needs to be on how to serve HIM, and serve his people. It's nice to know that regardless of any sin I may be in, or any self pity I encounter, God is always faithful. Through prayer, patience, and faithfulness, I know this soon will pass. Times will be tough, times will be good, times will get harder, and times will get better. No matter what situation I encounter, God deserves all the Praise and Glory. "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want..."

Once upon a time I created a blog to tell funny stories.
Once upon a time I couldn't think of anything funny to tell because I had a hard time enjoying the pure pleasures and gifts from life.
Once upon a time I decided to write about my true struggles to anyone willing to read.
Once upon a time I gave my life over to God to be used by him.
I am a sinner in need of a Savior.
Thank you Lord for your Mercy and Grace.

The end.

1 comment: