Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sandman


Once upon a time last night, the weather was terribly cold, and I did not want to do ANYTHING! I came home to relax from what seemed like a 91/2 hour work day. Oh wait, it was, I got to work at 7:55, and I left around 6:40. I sat down on my lovely brown love seat, and began a pleasant conversation with my dear roommate.
"Whatever do we do tonight?" She said.
"I don't know, I'm so tired! I want to sleep!" I replied. Sleep? Who am I, and what have I done with myself? I don't ever want to go to bed at 7:00 on a Friday night, what has gotten into me? Don't worry, I didn't go to bed. We sat contemplating what to do on that dark cold night. (I would have been perfectly content staying in and watching a flic, but the roommate wanted to go out.) So being the great friend/roommate I am, we decided to have a roommate date to my fav restaurant in the great city of Denton, The GreenHouse.
We arrive. After walking in to what seemed like a 30 min. walk due to the horrid cold, we sat down immediately. Before I sat down, I saw a lovely older couple that I know.
"Hello there couple."
"Well hello there Shoh."
We chitted and chatted, and had a lovely conversation.
After I left the conversation with the couple, I thought to my self, wow this couple is always out and about. I see them often, and I know they go and do fun and adventurous things together all the time. That's what I want to do with my husband from day 1 to year 45. So Husband, "Hi, how are you? I hope you're doing well. I'm great. Very cold. Too cold. You love the Lord? Perfect. Oh, you love dancing just like me? Wonderful. You're funny too? Excellent. You like to ride your bike and do many other fun physical activities as well? Splendid! You're a gentleman too? Greatness. Well, see you soon!"
After I had the encounter with the older couple and the H, I sat down to a lovely meal with the roommate. Didn't get the norm avocado tacos. Mistake. Never will I get anything but the tacos. Unless it's the Greenhouse club. Very tasty as well. Oh how I love having good conversations with the roommate. What great discussions we had. It's nice to have a friend you can share pretty much anything with, and know she won't view you any less or more as a person. Thanks girl.
The check arrives. $8.63. Oh, let me pull out my gift certificate from my wonderful employees as a Christmas gift. Perfect. $12.67 remaining? Wonderful. "Here you go waitress."
"$4.00 remaining Shoh, enjoy it the next time you come in."
"Oh, thanks waitress, I will def. enjoy those avocado tacos for sure."
"Well, lets go." Says roommate.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! It's so COLD!"
"You can do it."
So we did it. We left. Into the cold. Survivor's.
We arrived at the place we call home, and popped in a movie. To my wonderful surprise I fell asleep watching the movie, woke up to the roommate gone and the TV turned off. It was 12:45 in the AM. Party Animal! I woke up this morning at 9:26 in the AM, and realized what great sleep I had encountered in the previous night. Hooray for the sand man. (The guy who comes at night and puts sand under your eyes when you have a good nights sleep.) Now, a new day shall begin with new shorts. Oh how I love my life.

The end.



1 comment:

  1. I am kind of having a laughing fit in my bed right now....

    ReplyDelete