Sunday, April 18, 2010

Radio Star


Once upon a time I had a dream of being on Kidd Kraddick in the morning. My dream was to wake up extremely early, drive to Las Colinas, create exceptional bit material, and laugh on this morning show. What a dream! I envisioned ideas to make myself known to Mr. Kraddick and the whole gang.
One glorious morning in the fall of 2002, I decided to go up to the show with some friends and find a way to get on the radio and interview this man.
So I did.
I asked him many questions. I sounded completely professional:
"Umm... Mr. Kraddick, uh... um.... my um name (pause) is... Shoh's Shorts, and I um... am... here to um ask you questions."
"Go ahead young lady."
"Um... (deep breath) ok."
So I ask many questions. I nervously laugh. Then I ask,
"Uh what do you um recommend to people getting into the radio business?"
"Don't DO IT! It's a waste of TIME, You'll never make it!"
"Oh, um... uh... ok."
"Sorry kid."
"Oh heh, that's ok (smiling uncomfortably)."
"And we'll be right back after the break."
So the interview was over.
Hello future radio star with Kidd Kraddick in the Morning!!!!
Cha-ching!
I guess you could say they asked me to come back immediately.
I mean, they could have...
So my dream never came true.
Oh well... you win some and you lose some.
So now I still listen hoping to one day be on the show.
Could I take the place of the other 20 something year old chick on the show who does not entertain me whatsoever?
Should I?
Yes, yes I should.
And so I shall...
Ready or not Kidd Kraddick, here I come!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment